Product Description & Reviews
With each use of your knives, the razor-sharp edge naturally bends over just a tiny bit. The edge is still sharp, but the sharpest part isn’t making contact with the food. The answer is honing with the Shun Kanso Combination Honing Steel. It gently realigns the edge of the blade, prolonging the knife's sharpness. The Shun Kanso Combination Honing Steel has two surfaces: a smooth one for day-to-day honing, and a micro-ribbed one for weekly honing. While fine European knives can require honing after each use, Shun's harder steel means you can hone just once a week or so, depending on your level of use. To make honing to the correct 16° Shun angle easier, the Shun Kanso Combination Honing Steel has a built-in 16 degree angle on the handle. The steel handle provides a secure grip and matches the look of the rest of the Shun Kanso line. Hand-crafted in Seki City, Japan, Kanso is essential simplicity: a simple kitchen tool that simply performs.
Features & Highlights
- Kanso Honing Steel gently realigns the edge of the blade, prolonging the knife's sharpness
- Built-in angle guide makes precision honing easy for your Shun Kanso knives
- Two honing surfaces: a smooth for everyday honing and a micro-ribbed surface for weekly care
- Honing steel and handle are made of stainless steel; steel handle provides a secure grip and matches the look of the rest of the Shun Kanso line
- To use: Place steel tip down on a sturdy surface, line up blade with hand guard, gently pull blade down from heel to tip 3-4 times and repeat on the other side
|Item Weight:||1.25 pounds|
|Item Size:||1 x 1.25 x 1.25 inches|
|Package Weight:||1.3 pounds|
|Package Size:||1.2 x 1.2 x 1.2 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.